Aug 2, 2012

Forgotten Birthday




It is sad that the person who once is very close to you now is no longer remembering you. Yes, you are successfully being forgotten by them. They don’t even bother to say happy birthday to you eventhough I’m sure there are so many way to do it not personally. Hey, in this digital world, everything is showed up for public eyes. Yes, they are still claimed to be your friends in all of your social networking, but they never stopped by to say even a simple hi.  You are just another name in their list of friends. 

Do you feel disappointed? In a way, yes, I’m a bit disappointed. Because those are people who were meant a world for me. And I was also meant a world for them (or so they said). Maybe the key word here is “was”. We are drifting a part, some of it in a nice way and some of it in a very bad way, even I don’t know the cause for some of it, we just contently being in our own world and no longer sharing our worlds. Now, we don’t even contact each other anymore, even just for “basa basi”. 

Basically, I’m just being mellow. A post birthday mellow, I would call. I remember those people who never acknowledge my presence anymore. I missed their “happy birthdays” because it’s a tiny sign that they are still care. I know that now we have a different path of life and might not be collided again. But a girl can have her wish, right? 

The funny thing, there is someone who suddenly showed up. An irregular presence yet always there in the background. Honestly. I’m surprised that this someone is the last one who still remembers me, given that we had quite strange relationship in the past. Yah, at least I know that somewhere, someone still remembering me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment